Why Choose Gas Class?
- Approved for Class A CE credit by the AANA (#1042093 expires 05.01.2024)
- Up-to-date learning curriculum specifically designed for the CRNA
- Convenient online format; complete the lessons on your own time, at your pace
- No need to travel or miss work to complete your continuing education requirements
- Do not worry about CE credit reporting costs, we report your credits for you
Welcome to Gas Class
Gas Class was created by CRNAs, for CRNAs to advance our field. We provide Nurse Anesthetists with current curriculum that is useful in practice and satisfies the national continuing education requirement for CRNAs.
To maintain credentials, CRNAs are required to complete the following every four years:
- 60 Class A Credits
- 40 Class B Credits
- 4 CPC Core Modules required by the NBCRNA: Airway Management Techniques, Applied Clinical Pharmacology, Human Physiology & Pathophysiology, and Anesthesia Technology
Gas Class is an independent self-directed educational service provided in an online format for convenient study to satisfy the national requirements.
- Earning CE Credits. CRNAs may complete 24 CE credits in each volume, with each successful lesson completion worth one credit. Gas Class currently provides 24 Class A Credits (including 7 credits in pharmacology/ therapeutics) in Volume 22 (AANA approved course #1042093 expires 05.01.2024. Stay tuned for Volume 23 for access to another 24 Class A Credits!
- Self-paced. Each lesson consists of a list of learning objectives and an article which requires approximately one hour to read.
- Read, Learn, and Earn The learner will take a 10-question multiple-choice test online with instant score feedback detailing the correct and incorrect answers. The learner must pass the test with at least 80% of the questions correct to receive one CE credit.
NBCRNA CPC Program Overview
The CPC Program is designed to support lifelong learning for CRNAs to provide the highest quality care for patients. To satisfy your CPC requirements, every 4 years you must complete 60 Class A credits, 40 Class B credits, CPC Assessment (every 8 years), and Core Modules. Any excess Class A Credits may be used toward the Class B Credit requirement. At Gas Class, we’re here to make this process efficient and enjoyable!